Interested in installing a new fireplace in your home in Southern California? Are you trying to decide whether to get a gas or wood burning fireplace? Here you can learn a little bit more about both!
Difference Between Gas & Wood Burning Fireplaces
Wood burning fireplaces have traditional charm and also give off more heat. While they may be better for bigger rooms that require more warming, they have to be cleaned more often. Gas fireplaces leave no ashes and tend to be more energy-efficient. There are three types of gas fireplaces—direct-vent, B-vent and vent-free.
Direct-vent gas fireplaces are sealed combustion units (they don’t use air from your home to operate) and can be vented horizontally through a wall or up through the roof. B-vent gas fireplaces use a smaller gas vent that must be vented through the roof. Vent-free gas fireplaces, as the name suggests, don’t have any vents. Of the three, direct-vent fireplaces tend to be the most energy-efficient.
Benefits of Both Fireplaces
Wood burning fireplaces:
- Have advanced heating abilities
- Create traditional warmth and coziness
- Can be more effective at heating bigger rooms
Gas fireplaces are:
- Efficient (they convert most of the fuel to usable heat and don’t experience significant heat loss since they are closed off by a glass door)
- Versatile (because gas fireplaces don’t require chimneys, they can go anywhere in your home)
- Convenient (with just the simple touch of a button, you can have a fire blazing)
Fireplace Installation in Southern CA
OJ Insulation can install a wood burning or gas fireplace in your home in the San Diego or Los Angeles area. We install fireplaces from:
- Heat & Glo
- And more
Contact us today to learn more about our fireplace installation services!