Perhaps when you think about your garage door, you picture how the exterior adds or detracts from your home’s curb appeal. You might also think about the importance of dependable functionality, especially if you use the garage as the main entrance to your home.
However, the garage (including the door) plays an even more significant role than changing your home’s aesthetics and functioning correctly. Consider the benefits of insulating a garage and you’re bound to realize how important it is.
Insulating your garage can help:
- Lower home heating and cooling bills: You might not realize it, but if your attached garage isn’t insulated, you could be losing a lot of heat from your home in the winter. The opposite is true in the summer, when heat from outside finds it easier to infiltrate your home (if the garage is not insulated). After all, living spaces are most often positioned directly above or beside the attached garage, meaning it’s important to keep the temperature in the garage as comfortable as possible for home energy savings.
- Improve comfort in the garage: If you use the space for something other than parking cars, insulation is important for staying comfortable. The garage is a great place to work on your hobbies, set up a home office or install gym equipment. These pursuits are only possible if the garage is insulated against the elements.
- Allow heating and cooling become possible: If you plan to condition the space, the benefits of insulating a garage multiply. A space heater makes the garage comfortable even on chilly winter evenings, while a portable air conditioner cools the space on sweltering summer afternoons. Garage insulation makes heating and cooling possible while providing substantial energy savings.
- Facilitate Lower Noise Transmission: Living on a busy street or near a major intersection gets old fast. If you spend lots of time in the garage, insulation helps muffle the noise coming from outside so you aren’t disturbed. If you have an attached garage, insulation even helps keep outdoor noises from entering the main living space.
- Enhance the interior: You might not care what the garage looks like from the inside if you only store your car there, but if you use the space in another way, a more attractive interior is very aesthetically pleasing.
Need Insulation Installers in Southern California?
For more on the benefits of insulating a garage, contact OJ Insulation, your insulation experts in the San Diego and Los Angeles areas for over 25 years! We look forward to working with you.