It’s time for a mini quiz! Ask yourself the following questions:
1) Have your energy bills been rising for seemingly no reason?
2) Does it feel noticeably warmer or colder when you stand next to your windows?
3) Do noises from outside seem excessively loud, especially when you’re near the windows or doors?
4) Are floors and walls extremely cold to the touch in the winter and unusually warm in the summer?
5) Are there uneven temperatures from room to room in your house?
6) Does the second story of your home feel exceptionally hot and stuffy in the summer?
If you answered “yes” to any or all of these questions, one thing is certain – your home is not as energy-efficient as it should be. Insulation installation can help with all those problems, but it can be difficult to tell for certain whether you actually need to re-insulate your home! Quick tip: if you can see the floor joists in your attic (if the insulation is level with or below them), you probably need more insulation. The best way to determine if you need more home insulation, however, is to talk to professional insulation contractors.
Is Re-Insulating Worth It?
Although upfront costs may seem high, installing more home insulation offers a lot of long-term value – in fact, insulation installation is one of the home improvement projects that pays off the most. Read more about insulation savings.
Homes with the right amount of insulation not only are more energy-efficient and comfortable, but they are also more appealing to home buyers, who are starting to value energy efficiency more and more.
In simpler terms, home insulation can:
- Lower your energy bills
- Make your home more comfortable year round
- Reduce outside noises and noises between different rooms and levels in your home
- Help improve the overall efficiency of your air conditioner
- Increase the resale value of your home
Home Insulation Contractors in Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern CA
As mentioned, there are a few ways to tell your home isn’t as energy-efficient as it can be, and insulation can fix a lot of problems related to low energy efficiency. However, the best way to determine if you need more home insulation – and how much more – is by talking to an insulation company. If you need home insulation in Los Angeles, San Diego, or surrounding areas in Southern California, OJ Insulation can help!