Do you need to insulate your home? If you’re looking for a material that is environmentally friendly, you have a few different options. Consider cellulose and fiberglass.
Types of Sustainable Insulation
Cellulose insulation is both eco-friendly and highly efficient. In fact, cellulose loose-fill insulation is one of the most environmentally friendly insulation products currently on the market—meaning you’re saving money on energy bills while helping save the environment!
There are many benefits when choosing cellulose insulation for your home, including:
- Thermal performance – with an R-value of 3.8 per inch, cellulose insulation works great when it comes to keeping your house warm, preventing unwanted air infiltration, convective airflows and thermal bridging.
- Eco-friendliness – made from up to 85 percent recycled material, cellulose insulation is one of the most sustainable types of insulation on the market.
- Noise reduction – cellulose helps reduce the amount of sound traveling through walls and floors. In our experience, loose-fill cellulose is one of the best types of insulation for soundproofing.
CertainTeed Fiberglass Insulation
Fiberglass Insulation from CertainTeed helps maximize energy efficiency in your household and meets the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) C665 standards, making it one of the safest insulation choices on the market for your Southern California home.
CertainTeed fiberglass offers many benefits. This insulation is:
- Energy-efficient – CertainTeed fiberglass insulation lowers energy consumption and improves overall building efficiency by up to 12 times!
- Long lasting – fiberglass insulation from CertainTeed lasts a long time without compromising its performance.
- Eco-friendly – CertainTeed fiberglass insulation is made from rapidly renewable content and a high percentage of recycled glass.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified – a GREENGUARD Gold Certification (formerly known as GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certification) is awarded to products certifiably safe for use around sensitive individuals—like children and the elderly—and are often found in schools and healthcare facilities.
To learn more about the benefits of eco-friendly, residential insulation, visit the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association online.
Green Insulation Installers in Southern CA
Look no further than OJ Insulation if you want to install environmentally friendly cellulose or CertainTeed fiberglass. For nearly 30 years, we’ve been serving the Los Angeles and San Diego areas, helping maximize the energy efficiency of homes and commercial buildings with the right insulation solutions.
Contact us to learn more about our services!